EnerDRIVE Low Harmonic Systems
SUBCOE EnerDRIVE Low Harmonic drive systems are designed to function in accordance with the IEEE 519 input power quality guidelines and when specified with true sine wave output power waveforms. There are three SUBCOE Low Harmonic Drive input configuration options that can then be specified with an optional filtered output. We manufacture low harmonic systems and control products for the global markets. Our advanced control and power solutions are available for all environments, voltages and frequencies.
SUBCOE EnerDRIVE MATRIX – Active Front End (AFE) VFD Systems
Our EnerDRIVE MATRIX drives use a patented fully active, regenerative, Matrix IGBT configuration, which has an inherently low harmonic impact on the connected supply power system.
With over 650 systems installed and reliably operating in SUBCOE NEMA 4 desert enclosures at temperatures up to 55°C we have a level of experience that is not common in the industry.
The Matrix VFD topography has direct connection of the input and output power systems to efficiently transfer power in both directions, this drive package is extensively used for cyclic loads such as beam pumps where there is power demand and regeneration in each of the pump cycles. Systems are available up to 414A continuous capacity.
Multi-Pulse VFD Systems
The EnerDRIVE with 12 pulse front end and 5% line reactors is our most popular large drive product, it meets the second tier of IEEE 519 guidelines which is suitable for most large power distribution systems. SUBCOE 18 pulse and 24 pulse systems are fully IEEE 519 compliant with the strictest standards.
All systems have circuit breaker protected incoming power line phases, protection against input phase loss and may be fitted with optional input line reactors that are tuned to further reduce harmonics and to balance rectifier loading.
SUBCOE designed skid systems integrate special 12/18/24 pulse phase shifting step-down transformers and step-up transformers into the VFD system. In extremely sensitive areas the we can provide specially designed systems that offer enhanced harmonics cancellation.
Filtered 6 Pulse VFD Systems
In certain global markets there is a preference for VFD with a single incoming rectifier section (6 pulse) and a dedicated IEE 519 L-L-C filter on the incoming power system. This option is most commonly used in retrofit applications where a 12 pulse power supply is not available or when wells are being added to a field and a pre-existing 3-phase power system must be used.
We have a complete range of IEEE filters available in integrated and stand alone configurations.
Low Harmonic VFD General Specifications
- Voltage Range 380 – 480 Volts
- Frequency 50 or 60 Hz
- Capacity LH-1 & LH-2 56 – 1800 Amps
- Capacity LH-3 15 – 302 Amps
- Enclosure Type NEMA 4 / IP65, NEMA 3R / IP54 or NEMA 1 / IP20
- Application Outdoor / Indoor
- Cable Entry / Exit points NEMA 4 / IP65 – Junction boxes with aluminum gland plates
- NEMA 3R / IP54 – Aluminum gland plates
- Cable terminations aluminum alloy mechanical lugs
- Construction material: Welded and bolted steel structure
- Ground terminations external earth connection point
- Internal copper earth bar tinned at input & output
- Paint epoxy powder coat, UV resistant & flame retardant
- Color Gloss White
- Nameplate Unique Serialization on Stainless Steel Nameplate (CSA SI)
- Label types High Voltage, Phase Labeling
- Label languages Pictograph, English, Arabic
- Testing to be provided Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- High potential dielectric test
- CSA Special Inspection label
- Max elevation 3,000 feet (1,000 metres) as standard
- Max storage temp 70°C (160°F)
- Max humidity 95%, non-condensing.